Thursday, January 17, 2008

Background

A reader suggested that I post a little background info. Like what kind of engine I'm rebuilding, and why.

The engine is from my racing motorcycle, a Yamaha YZF-R6 from 2000. I purchased the bike from another danish road racer at the end of the 2006 season. I used the bike for the 2007 season, racing in the danish rookie championship and running at various trackdays. The engine is supposed to have a V&M SuperSport tuning and in the spring of 2006 a Sigma slipper clutch was installed.

I'm rebuilding the engine for two reasons. First of all it had a high oil consumption, ½-1 liter for a race weekend. Second, I had it on a dynometer and the result was quite disappointing. It had 103 rwhp, on a dyno that measures a stock 2006 R6 at 101 rwhp. My goal is to have 110 horse at the fat rubber, at least.

No comments: