Friday, February 1, 2008

Dirty shine.

My love for engine work has tanken a back seat the last few days. The doesn't mean I haven't been burning gasoline thou!

Last weekend I was out having fun with my Moto trials bike. I spent a few hours in storming rain on muddy hills, in deep trenches and got covered in mud as a reward.


Some of the guys had the new 4 stroke trial bikes, they look to be a very nice upgrade. So much easier to climb hills with them, just twist the throttle and go, no need to keep the engine up in the rew range.

Tuesday I was out having fun at the gocart track. Loads of fun, but the skills required to go fast is very different from what I use when I roadrace, I really have a lot to learn there.

When not burning gasoline, with or without oil, I have been polishing the cylinder head and the pistons. I don't know how effective this will be, but it sure looks good.

I have also been removing all of the carbon deposits on the valves, and there were a lot on them. The deposists at the bottom looked light brown, and I think that indicates that the engine has run on race gas. That would explain the very low AF ratio I got when I had the bike on the Dyno.

No comments: