Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Camera galore

Yeasterday I celebrated my 29th birthday by buying a camera. I went with a Canon Ixus 75, since they are quite cheap, and in the past I have been pleased with the Ixus 50 and Ixus 55 models. They are easy to handle and take nice pictures, their only flaw is that I tend to forget them in trains and parks. I hope this camera will last a little longer than the last two in that respect.

My new camera was put to good use immidiatly. First up is some pictures of the newly polished pistons. The polishing revealed just how much the valves have been touching the pistons, especially piston nr. 2 have had a lot of contact with the exhaust valves, as can be seen on this closeup.

I also took the time to pull the suspension, both the rear shock and the front forks. I am sending them to Michael Graversen at Hyperpro so he can give them a full maintanence. I need a new and softer spring for the rear shock, and new springs for the front. Michael will also give them a cleaning, new oil and new oil seals.

No comments: